View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 08:18 AM

Default 40-80 Snakehead, Coilean, Mason and ALL, please help!

Here is a tough situation i find myself in and I need your help! I'm playing fairly tight up front only opening for a raise in a toughish 40-80 game. there is a player who sits on my left who is fairly tight and very aggressive post flop. I saw him checkraise and 4 bet the flop heads up after being 3 bet preflop and bet the turn and river with AKo. He lost to TT.
Anyway, he seems to be 3betting my preflop raises a bit with hands like 66 as well as all of the normal strong holdings. How do i play when I raises with a hand like AQo, get 3 bet and then miss the flop. Do i just fold to a bet and wait for the situation where I have the overpair or hit the flop? He isn't 3betting me everytime I raise. here are 4 hands I've played against him.
Hand1:
I raise with AcJc from early. he 3 bets, heads up.
Flop: 9s 5c 4d
I check he bets, I call.
Turn: Th
I check he bets I fold.
Hand2:
I raise with AdQd he 3bets, headsup.
flop comes Qc 9h 4d.
I check, he bets I call
turn 5c
I check (intending to checkraise), he checks.
river small card.
I bet, he calls and my hand is good.

Hand3.
I raise with AQo, he 3bets, headsup.
flop comes J 8 2 rainbow.
I check he bets I call
turn pairs the 2
I check he bets I raise He 3bets I folded.

Hand4
I raise with AcKc, he cold calls, button (a tough player) cold calls, sb (the weakspot in this game) cold calls.
flop come Js 9d 7h
Sb checks, I decide to check, he bets, button calls, sb calls I decide to fold.
Turn 3d
he bets, button folds, sb calls
river pairs the 3 sb checks, he checks, and sb takes it down with 7d4d, he flashes me AKo.

please help me! do i need to just give up when I miss after being 3 bet by this guy? how should i play if i connect with the flop? i don't want to get run over by him. are his 3bets (which are isolation plays some of the time) a good play?