View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: The real reason why evolution is in conflict with religion

I'm pretty new to this forum, I've only been pokin around it for a week or two. I gotta say that I love the passion put forth in the posts. Anyhow, I wanna take a crack at this one.

[ QUOTE ]
What the important aspect of evolution that conflicts with religion is, is that we are not the ultimate objective of evolution. Evolution does not stop with us. Humans are not the special creation of God or the ultimate objective of evolution. To think otherwise is to deny reason. This is why evolution is so damaging to religion. Evolution continuing past our creation is the real reason why evolution is in conflict with religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that if there is a God, evolution can not continue? Can I get you on the record to say that. And when it's proven false would you change your religious view, or would you deny the validity of our observations. This is why I agrue against religious beliefs. Steadfast denial of working theories soley because of one text. This denial will lead to the downfall of xtianity.

We can force evolution(square peg) to fit with evolution(round hole). But why would I want to? More importantly why do you want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, if there is a God (I'm thinking christian perspective)evolution MUST continue?

Acording to the Bible, Jesus, the son of God, created in God's image:

- walked on water
- predicted the future
- had such emotional control to take the beating he took with no disdain towards the perpatrators
- returned from the dead ( or cast himself into a state to appear so, also wasn't he pretty much healed when seen a few days later? I'm not extremeley good with the particulars)
- levetated into the sky (heavens?)
- healed the sick with his touch

We may continue to evolve, not necessarily in appeareace. Humans could conceivably look the same thousands of years from now, yet advance in abilities far beyond what is now capable. Couldn't many of Jesus' "miracles" be eventually explained by currentley unknown truths in physics? Perhaps human energy transfers, magnetic force usage, control of consciousness, etc..., are all basic functions of the "man" we are to evolve into. They say we only use a small % of our brain. The rest was meant to do something wasn't it?

One could question weather or not Jesus exsisted, or if the stories of his miracles actually happened. If you believe in God in the Christian religion, and you compare Jesus' abilities to the current man, wouldn't the conclusion be not only that we must evolve further, but we have a really long way to go? Isn't the goal to be like Jesus? Wouldn't this theory put evolution and Chritian beliefs more hand in hand, than one vs. the other?

OK, now pound me into the turf.