View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Admitting defeat

Several, if not all of the Cryptologic skins allow multiple accounts in the same persons name. I am not sure (but it's very possible) that specific accounts have experienced 1000 big bets swings (there are definitely accounts with MUCH more than 500 big bets swings), but definitely persons who have endured a $500,000 swing in that game yes. Several. And I'm not going to name names. Most of them might play more heads-up and might have played a lot more hands on this limit than you.

Think about the old Sklanskly adage of 300 big bets. That was:

1) For substantial winners in a $10/20, $15/30 or whatever game, something of 1,5 big bets/hr or something. Meaning that usually, it would take something of a 500 big bet devation from their expected value to lose that 300 big bet bankroll during at 125 hr streak (they would figure to make 200 big bets, and instead lose 300 then). So even back THEN, David Sklanskly might have adviced a 500 big bet roll for a completely break-even or VERY slight winner. I am talking referring to break-even players, or just about that. 95% of the £150/300 are losing, breakeven or extremely slight winners, in terms of BB/hr.

2) The games Sklansky made this assessment for played far differently than £150/300 today. 70% of the hands are three or four bets before the flop, the bluffing frequency, aggression level is so perfect that most pots are bet on every street and those bets are usually called. The fluctations in this game is at another level than a $20/40 ring-game eight years ago.

3) The 300 big bet rule would, according to Sklanskly, give you something like a 99% certainity of not going broke. This is fine for most in a live game, where you get dealt 200 hands in a marathon live session - even though you will eventually be running quite a real risk of catching that 1% if you always keep you bankroll at excactly 300 big bets. However, online with 200 hands an hr at two lightning £150/300 tables, you keep taking new risks of eventually running into that 0,1% freak-freak-freak run of either extremely good or bad luck.

I can't see how you can't believe this. I think both theory and an honest man's experiences (through others admittedly) are telling you it is possible.

I'll admit I have been amazed myself at this. Some of these guys will regularly endure daily 150-200 big bet swings.

lars