View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: How much do you make working off a bonus???

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for your post. I definately have a hard time playing marginal holdings. Especially in low limit holdem which I think should be named "suckoutem". I need work in my limit holdem game and I get into trouble when I start coming in on close call type of hands.

I agree on hands won and flops seen. For the last 2/3 of my session I could have come in for a raise with certain hands that I dont like doing that. For instance A-10/A-J/qj/kj/kq/suited connectors/low pairs. These are marginal to me and are trouble hands. I think I was running a little cold but I was also very tight. I definatley dont play THAT tight normally...this was the first time for me 6 tableing and it was hard to keep up. A number of times I folded hands like q9s in position cause I was involved in other hands on other tables.

I really need to get poker tracker!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, read Small Stakes Hold'em. It sounds like you have a decent grasp of the game, but for the limits you're playing at, your preflop skills seem a bit flawed. Since those are the easiest to master, I'd imagine your postflop skills to not be any better. Please don't take this in any kind of a "mean" way or anything; I just want to make sure you take it upon yourself to study the game a little bit more before making less than optimal moves a habit.

You're above average I'm sure, but when you call AJ a marginal starting hand, you're probably playing too weak-tight. Also, if 6-tabling is hurting your play, cut it down to at least 4...

My $.02.

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]