Thread: 88
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 88

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're only going to save yourself the pot when A) a 4-flush comes in, B) BB has overcards without a spade, and C) CO will actually fold whatever [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he's holding.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree at all. CO could have as many 15 outs to beat me that he would be more than willing to fold given the prospect of being trapped between aggressors with this dangerous board. Can he call with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here, for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 100% of the time. He's not calling two with it 100% of the time either.

But you've got the BB to be legitimately concerned about too, right?

I think if your plan involves spending 3.5BB on this hand, your plan probably needs some modifying. I'm strongly leaning toward folding the flop right now, reverse-implied-odds style, but maybe raising is better. I'm just interested in discussing it because I don't think raising is clear cut, largely because you've got to be worried enough about BB here that raising to fold out CO won't necessarily be to your advantage.

I dunno. I'm gonna mull this one over. I'm leaning toward a flop fold, despite how that feels weak as hell.

Rob