View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Harriet Miers Speaks

I like all the quotes. It solidifies my opinion that Harriet Miers is the perfect man for the job. Just as it should be.

In contrast to the bland, unbalanced, and prattling newspeak spewed out by Miers and splashed about in the first half of the article, in the second half; we are dished out the more eloquent and salubrious phases and cantor of Archangel David Brooks.

The follow paragraph is one I rejoiced over and found charming:

[ QUOTE ]
Republicans, who these days are as likely to be members of the corporate establishment as the evangelical establishment, are more suspicious of intellectuals and ideas, and more likely to believe that politics is about deal-making, loyalty and power. You know you are in establishment Republican circles when the conversation is bland but unifying. You know you are in conservative circles when it is interesting but divisive. Conservatives err by becoming irresponsible. Republicans tend to be blown about haplessly by forces they cannot understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well phrased propaganda is an art from. Archangel Brooks is a master.

I would have more to say but I have a baseball game to watch and books to read. And guns to clean.

Enjoyable post.

-Zeno

PS. No trip report from the Getty?