View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: 160K in 1 month for a NL novice- easy?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just because james is a nl novice and you are also, doesnt mean you can expect to win the same amount as him. he plays 300/600, you play 10/20....

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true, too true. But looking at the success of others allows me to estimate what kind of success (magnitude and probability of success) I might have making the same transition. It's like a comp valuation in investment banking.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yea, and do you and buy a firm based on solely comps??

hell no! so why would you assume that you're experience will be well proxied by a comp analysis?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. That's why you don't see my jumping into NL with a big chunk of my roll. Corporations will use comp analysis in addition to other valuation techniques. Same applies for me... if I could find a player with similar experience to me at limit poker, similar intellect, similar skills etc. who all of a sudden started winning $100K per month at triple draw, I would not be out of line in thinking that perhaps I too could succeed at triple draw at a similar level if I gave it a try.

If the only difference between James and me is that he has a lot more limit experience and has done some reading on these NL boards, then I should be able to expect that, with the same experience and education, I too can have success at NL. Will that success be worth the time and risk? Am I better off focusing on limit for now in terms of EV and risk? The more information I get, the better decisions I can make about such matters.