View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Wintermute...

[ QUOTE ]
Folding is tight-weak. Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. That's all you needed to say. I've been playing NLHE for a few years and do well, but I've only been playing O8 regularly for half a dozen weeks or so. I have no problem pushing strongly with decent draws and such... but the paired board here confused me and made me question whether I should be in this hand or not.

"In fact, I would've reraised the pot preflop without a shred of doubt." That's the other thing I'm confused about... is this hand better against one player or many? What's a better drawing hand vs HU hand. This is why I'm never sure whether to reraise or not. (Except when shortstacks are raising... I isolate to get them headsup a lot if I can get their stack in pf)

[ QUOTE ]
If you're seeking reinforcement of a tight-weak strategy that has extremely low variance, FCP forum will help you with that. Nothing wrong with it, but you're just trading win rate for reduced variance. Suboptimal, but calm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what FCP is. I'm not seeking reinforcement of any strategy. I'm trying trying to learn the intricacies of this game.

I thought that one didn't want to risk a huge portion of their stack without scoopability. I thought because I didn't have a 3, I might be foolish to stick around. I'm just trying to learn here. If I'm wrong, that's cool... I'm here to learn from the better and more experienced players.