View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: WPT STARS Hype or great talents?

"Talent" is the most misunderstood or maybe not understood human characteristic that there is. Just what is talent and if there are varying degrees of it for different human endeavor's is I believe where this discussion should be going.

There are amny grat music somposers, Mozart, Beethoven, etc among the great Classical composers. Reading and writing music can be taught to just about anyone but can anyone that learns to write music accomplish the things in composing that a Mozart did? I don't think so. I believe that there is such a thing as talent. I'm not sure what it is or how to go about identifying it or how much one needs of it to be great at something. Some might say that this talent thing is just a cop out for those that are to lazy or unmotivated to succeed. Maybe, I don't know. Maybe all one needs is the motivation. Maybe that's true talent. I don't know. But I do not believe that one can learn to be a great poker player or a great tournament poker player, something different from the former, without some internal force or desire or understanding guiding their actions

Vince