View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Internet Poker Tilt

Well, that's the hope. I think just knowing that my play will be tracked will force better play. I've been playing for 1.5 years without tracking and I'm starting to think that an analysis of my play using a pokertracker and then going back and studying sessions will help identify my leaks. I actually haven't used it yet, so I'll keep you (and everyone else) posted about my results.

The goal - I guess - is really to just get to the point where I'm playing mistake free poker. If I can do that over the next 100,000 hands - and I STILL can't make money - then I might have to give this up. But, from what I see on here - perfect poker does equal long-term money. It's positive EV - I mean, how can't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In case you're curious, the pokertracker, as far as I can tell - specifically lists stats about how aggressive you are (blind stealing, etc.), you can see how well you do playing different hands at different positions and best yet - collect information about how other players you play with play hands. So, while you should be keeping notes on players - the pokertracker will help you go back and analyze OTHER'S play as well - thus allowing one to find weaknesses...

At least - as I said, this is the hope...