View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Admitting defeat

Is std dev something PT calculates for you? (I'm not at my home computer now). (And my PT is only half complete anyways since I only have it on my computer but I spend about half my time playing on my girlfriend's).

But extrapolating from latest memory of my PT data, I have about 100K hands at 30/60 and about 1.9bb/100. I've in the past calculated that my std dev in live play is about 10bb/hour. Not sure how that translates into bb/100, maybe 12 or so.

Please run those numbers (if memory and assumption on std dev is off, it probably ain't by much) and let me know if I've just been very lucky. (Of course my losing day % may be higher than I remember (since more recent results are obviously sharper in my mind) but I doubt much higher than 10% overall.

And I have to admit that I've had some losing days that were whoppers! Worst was about 150 bets.

My maximum downward deviation ever has been just shy of 250bb. Playing live for 13 years, I never suffered a downswing greater than 200bb. (and this is at level up to 400/800)