View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Unimproved AK is costing me money...........

[ QUOTE ]
This one really depends on the texture of the board. If it's a real garbage board I might take one more stab on the turn, as a lot of low limit players will take one more off with overcards and then fold the turn. But without catching an A or K on the river, that's all the money I'm putting into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't actually agree with this plan. More important than the texture of the board, is your opponents tendencies. I like to keep track of when my opponent gives up on a missed flop, and I bet until I get to his give up point. Also, when the board has some draws available, it is more likely that he is hanging around on one of the draws, where a real garbage board makes it more likely that he has a one pair hand when he calls your bets. I am more likely to keep playing to showdown if there are draws available, that don't get there, than if the board is apparently drawless.

So, headsup with on a board that there are some reasonable draws to, I am more likely to showdown at the river, where if the board is pretty drawless, I am more likely to check/fold the river. Again it all depends on my opponent, some of them will routinely peel the turn, just like a lot of others routinely peel the flop.