View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 01:54 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Admitting defeat

the 300/600 post you made recently where you said something to the effect of absolutely killing the game and being up 20k in about 45 minutes had me wondering how the reverse would be acccepted, just the implication of domination when the amount was around 30 big bets. now i'm not sure if it was based on the way the hands were going down in terms of table control or the money, but i thought of 30/60, and how often one can be up $1800 in 45 minutes at a given table. not that i wouldn't be elated about being up 20k in an exciting game, i just think if it involved that much of my emotion i would be putting too much at risk.

i think it's a great idea to play high enough often enough so that your regular game and its variance is totally acceptable, just not so high or so often that you can't be forced to care. not exciting enough, all your friends are playing high limits because you took a shot and now they're running well, or that sort of thing. if that could happen i think it's a bigger concern than whatever you might win or lose on a given day of playing.

it's seemed for a long time that you've had your head screwed on straight so i'm sure it will work out well.