View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: AJo in a live tourny

The hand he is representing would be an overpair.

Unless he is a very conservative player I imagine that he would be pushing PF with QQ-AA. Now on the other hand he could be playing it conservative being that it is early in the game so he may have called with QQ or JJ putting you on AQ/AK looking to see a flop then assesing.

But, on a rainbow flop, given that he check-raised you on the flop I don't think he is holding JJ. He would surely let you bet at least one more time before hammering you.

My guess is that he looked down at J10s or QJs and puts you on two overs. I doubt anyone playing in 100+ buy-in would have stayed with 22 or 33, but you never know. Also he would certianly slow down if he hit quads with the 3's. So that leaves dueces which really doesn't add up for me.

Was the 3 the same suit as any of the other cards? I think he figures you made a continuation bet on a missed flop and wanted to take it down with his J's. I think you have him beat here barring the Q's.

I would probably go broke with this. Just as a note I don't think I would ever come into a hand UTG with AJo at a full table in the early stages with no feel for how everyone is playing. I think most players would agree with me there. The only hands that are going to call or raise you are ones that probably have you beat already. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]