View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Default WPT STARS Hype or great talents?

Do you think the wpt poker stars we see on television are really great poker talents or just guys that you see on television alot because they play more tournies than the average tournament pro. And the real question i have is if they are that much better than average pro players how did they obtain this? Is it somthing you are born with? Or is it more of learning a style of play that beats these big field tournaments that they learned through talking with other top wpt players that helped them with the style. For instance Josh A. I have heard him say Eric Lindgren helped him with his game and owes it all to him. This is how i believe it works. They are not more talented than the average pro player who knows how to play poker. But they are given a playing style that all the top players know. Like Daniel N. Phil I, Allen Cunningham were all buddies in the past and discussed strategy. Would they have been great had they not been informed on a certain playing style or objective that they all follow as a general starting block(like AGGRESSION is must to be top tounrament player, but more in detail)

Ok so basically what i am saying is i believe that the top tournament players are not born with super elite talent or even have super elite talent. But more they learned a certain playing style that works through discussion with other expereinced players. Another example is Tuan Lee. Barry helps him. Probably tells him stuff like always be aggressive(obviously in much greater detail) and all of a sudden is a superstar. And also obviously these guys play many more tournies than the average pro which also gives them many more chances to make big score and become famous.

So who agrees with me? And who think s that i'm wrong and they are actually born with super elite talent? Btw i think there can be an exception where a few men have extroadinary talent that maybe they were born with a gift. But for most i believe my theory to be right. And there are many players that if they were given the formula would do well also given a little experience.

So what you guys think? Let the flaming begin!