View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: I folded quads last night

[ QUOTE ]
You didnt see his cards, but you should have seeen his chips going in to pot. Maybe you should pay a little more attention. This was a good lesson, dont give your cards away before the pot is pushed to you.

Maybe the dealer made a mistake, but so did you. Accept what happend and move on. Whining about it doesnt change anything, learnign from it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've moved on and accepted my mistake. Perhaps that wasn't clear. I take responsibility for not paying good enough attention and I implied I learned from the experience. The player just put the chips in front of him and I couldn't see them past the dealer's hand. The dealer then was moving the chips in the pot in one motion along with putting another card out. I was deliberately not watching the card so as not to give out information. The pot and the muck were very close to the player in seat 1. You're right that I should have seen the chips. It's a further point of limited importance, however, as I've already conceded that I blew it.

Perhaps it's just the hypercritical nature of these boards, but is anyone going to answer the questions I asked rather than tell me what I've already conceded? My questions are about learning what to expect from dealers and working to do everything I can to avoid this type of mistake in the future. If you guys are interested in helping others learn rather than assigning blame (99 percent mine), it would really be cool if you'd answer some questions.

At no point was this post intended to be a whine. I got the whining out of my system about 2 minutes after the hand was over. I laid out the scene so you could decide what to think about the dealer and to explain why I'm so interested in getting my questions answered.

I realize it's a lengthy original post so I can understand if you all just skimmed it rather than reading the whole thing.