View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 AM

Default My Picks

$400 Browns +5.5
$300 Rams/Colts u51.5
$200 Seahawks -10
$100 Giants +3.5

Hmm, I only took a quick glance at the results thread, but I believe I'm in sole possession of last place now. No matter. Now that I'm using THE SYSTEM, I expect to claw my way into the black by the end of the season. Seriously.

I admit that I pulled out the THE SYSTEM at least a week early. It needed another game before it could reasonably be used, and I can see that now. Nonetheless, THE SYSTEM's past performance is extremely encouraging. In 2004, excluding Week 9 (for which I was unable to find the data I needed), THE SYSTEM was 87-70-2 against the spread from weeks 6 through 17, and 29-14-1 in it's top four weekly picks in that span. That latter figure included an heroic 22-5-1 mark from weeks 7 through 14 (the last two weeks were poisoned by nine games in which one team sat their starters).

So, yes, I've started the contest with five consecutive losing weeks, but I expect to stem the tide this Sunday, then begin my triumphant march back to mediocrity next week. Huzzah!

(Note: Colts Under isn't a system pick; the only other games that THE SYSTEM felt strongly about had some injury and/or intangible issues that I didn't feel comfortable dealing with. On the other hand, the 29-14-1 mark I quoted before was achieved using a pure version of THE SYSTEM, without concern for injuries or intangibles, so this could be a mistake.)