View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: AA rockets in a tourney (loose table) 2nd hour rebuys PS

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna keep this pretty vague since the details dont really matter I'm just looking for a yeah you played the hand correctly or no you didnt (and this is why)

2nd hour 10+ rebuys on stars / I have 30K in chips w/ (well above average /
I'm in seat 3 and get dealt AA flat limp b/c there were aggressive players behind me so I was about 80% sure one of them would raise / I flat call the blinds and bingo a guy (who also had 30K in chips) that had been playing over aggressive w/ mediocore holdings raised the pot and made it 4K to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ( blinds were 150-300 at the time i think)
folds back around to me w/ my AA
no one behind me to act I have the player isolated in the hand so
my thinking is see the flop /
hope he cathces a piece and
take him for his chips
IF ANYONE ELSE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE HAND I WOULD HAVE RERAISED
so the flop comes Q,10,X
I'm first to act and have a pretty good feeling hes on a Q
i push all in and he calls and shows Q,Jo

needless to say Turn K river 9 for him to take the pot and boost him up into the top 20 in the tourney.

But was my thinking faulty anywhere along this hand? Should I have reraised him pre-flop. I'm pretty sure he wouldnt have gotten all his chips in the middle with QJo preflop
Is this the right play in this phase of the tourney or should I just be happy w/ whats in the pot re raise all in watch him fold and be glad that I didnt have to risk all my chips.
You know there are alot of bad online players who are willing to risk all there chips w/ mediocore hold such as
K10o and QJo
but how can you beat them over a course of a tourney when there ready to gamble with 60/40's and 70/30's
sure your gonna win the majority of them (which since like 50/50 at most)but you have to dodge so many of them to even have a shot to win one of these tournaments with excessively large fields it really feels like your almost playing the lottery ...

but anyway was i right?
what would you have done?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wonder, between these doubleups, with 50-50 to 90-10 situations, do you waste half your stack to risk all-in for a doubleup again? Or do you have a higher than avg stack when hitting these, so that you can take a hit, or multiple hits and still be in the run?

If you put up an avg 100$ in each 45kg 10R at stars, you only have to chop top 3 like 1/80 and bust out the rest to show a small profit. If you add 1/20 ITM, and so on, you will see you don't need to win EVERY TIME you play.

Accept the fact that you will probably NOT win any money when entering a tourney, but you will have a positive expectation if you are a winning player.