View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Default AA vs LoisLane and Erik1234

The donator just left the table and Erik1234 took his seat, obviously this is my last orbit at the table. For those that don't know, Erik is a force to be reckoned with and Lois isn't that great, but not that bad either(she is 36/24/1.8 filtered for 5.4 players).

Erik opens UTG, LoisLane 3bets UTG+1 and i cap A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] right behind them. Three of us see a 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop for many small bets. Erik checks, Lois checks, i bet, Erik c/r's, Lois 3bets, i cap and they both call. Turn is where it gets interesting. A 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes and they both check again. I valuebet and now Eric c/r's, Lois folds.

Normally this is an easy calldown and a 3bet would be spewing, but i'm not sure if 3betting is out of the question because of Eric's turn play. Whats his hand range here? AA/KK/QQ/99/XcXc? If i am behind to a flush or full then why would Erik c/r here and force Lois out? He'd be passing up on getting value out of Lois here.

I just called, but am wondering if an argument can be made for 3betting. I asked stox and at first glance he said a 3bet is spewing, but at second glance maybe not.