Thread: A4s, 10/20
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 07:42 PM

Default A4s, 10/20

I have been playing with Button for a bout 25 hands. One of the first hands went like this:

I raise AJo on the button. He 3 bets KQo from SB, I call. Flop is A85r. He bets, I call. Turn is Ace, river 3 and he check calls down.

Having said that, he does seem reasonable. Capable of aggression, not playing that many hands, and he checked behind AKs ui v 4 opponents on a Q85r after 3 betting preflop - so we can assume that he does think about individual betting decisions in context of the opponents, board texture etc.

Onto the hand:

I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from the CO. I have been raising alot and suspect someone might play back at me or call me from the BB more lightly. Villain 3 bets on the button, I call. 2 to the flop.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . I check-call. I think this is thin, but on a board like this he is going to check behind on a tonne of turns, add in a couple of other reasons and I think I have a call here.

Turn is 7 clubs. I check, intending to fold, but he checks behing.

River is 4 of clubs. I check, intending to call.