Thread: DN, Im sorry
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: DN, Im sorry

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so embarrassed for you right now. You must come from FCP where without a (sw) you never know someone's making a joke. I'm cringing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of this response? OK, if he's being sarcastic, fine -- clearly I missed it, big deal. He went a little out his way, though, to make his point. I'm not at all defending DN, however. What the hell is your problem?

With that said... DN misplayed his flopped straight by doing virtually nothing to protect his hand, especially on the turn when there was a good chance of being outdrawn. However, it's very amusing to read all of the posts of people claiming that this was an easy laydown. Even with the board paired and the possible flush on the river, this is a powerhouse hand with two cards in the hole making the high end of a straight. It's shocking that more people aren't acknowledging this. I could certainly get off of this hand if the bet to me were hefty or I had a particular read on my opponent, but a good percentage of the time I, and any half-decent player, am probably paying this off. This was a very conversative play for DN, and most likely the result of his tremendous desire to stay alive and do well in the ME following a poor overall WSOP, as opposed to last year when his amazing run left him with little to prove by the end, and no real concern for busting out.

Because we can see the hole cards, many of us here have no ability to disentangle our ex-post knowledge from our ex-ante theorizing, and thus come across as haughty know-it-alls. It's pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even realize that the long joke response that you misread as sincere is making your point. The point of my post was to call you out on misunderstanding blatant sarcasm.