View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Maybe I need some help

hi Kiemo,
Your experiences are very similar to mine. Not long ago I was "crushing" .5/1 full-ring and 6-max (about 30k hands too). I then made my 2nd foray into 1/2 6-max (the 1st was profitable but I found several leaks that I had to work on). My confidence was high and I was *running well*. I figured my 2nd try would be even more profitable - assuming I had improved my play.

I suffered a pretty good downswing almost immediately. I looked real hard at my hands and found several that I played poorly. However, I also found that I *seemed* to be running bad too. One of the things that affected me psychologically, but not really my play (at least I don't think so) was losing more in terms of actual dollars. The absolute dollar amount that I had lost was psychologically painful. Turns out that in terms of the actual number of BBs, my downswing at 1/2 was similar to other downswings that I've gone through in .50/1.

In similar threads, others have advocated "hanging in there" until things turn around. That's what I did and I ended up having a big turn around.

You seem to be receptive to the constructive criticisms offered by other 2+2ers. Others have suggested that your style is not suited to 1/2. Perhaps, they are right. But, you should make your own decision based upon your ability to weather the storm. Either way, work to implement the things suggested in this thread - especially about the range of hands that you play. You'll be better for it.