View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Anybody else seen \"A History of Violence\" (Possible Spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]

- a guy who knows there is an immediate and mortal threat to his family and doesn't have them get the [censored] out of town immediately, but somehow cares after he walks to work

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about this. I think they needed to do this so that viewers would be able to suspend disbelief that he is this Joey guy. Sort of a cheap way to do that, though. I agree.

Had it played out like you said, then everyone in the theater would have been like "Oh, he knows something...he must be this Joey guy. Lets go watch Hulk at the dollar theater."

BTW, you listed parts you didn't like. Did you appreciate ANY of the movie? You made reference to "high school fights with no wrestling around..". Didn't you appreciate the kids fight scene? That looked believable to me. A kick to the stones, a throw into a locker, a couple punches, then some mafioso-like kicks to the gall bladder when villain is down. I liked that scene.

People in the audience actually cheered at that scene. lol. I thought that was pretty lame of them, but whatever.