View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Got berated at a 2/4 table for this...comments?

I don't have the hand history, and reads here are unimportant, as I am looking for general advice.

The player to my left opens by completing the bring in to 2 (doorcard is an 8). I have K3K, so I raise to 4. The third player 3-bets (doorcard K, actual hand K6K). The 8 calls, I cap the betting. Both call.

I go on to win a decent pot when I make Ks and 7s. The other K makes Ks and 3s, but relentless berates me for capping with the second best hand. Sure, I was second best here, but only by a 6 kicker vs a 3 kicker. Who doesn't cap this? Again, in a general sense. With reads, everything could be debatable.

One more question. I make trip tens on 4th and bet each street. A player with a board showing 789J wakes up and raises me on 6th street. Obviously I call 6th, do I also call 7th unimproved since I have 3 of 4 T that he would need for his straight? Does my strategy change if his board shows 6789 where now a 5 is an option.

Hope the experts can weigh in on this. If I need to post the hand history, I can. Hopefully these can be answered without that. Again, general ideas against the average stud player. Thanks in advance.