View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Why TAGs are undesirable

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Party paid me $10,000 a year to play there it would be a bargain for them. I have paid $33,000 in rake this year

[/ QUOTE ]

The question you aren't asking, and the point that everyone is forgetting is 'so what if you paid $33k in rake, how much of it did Party get?' If you are playing at Party with no deal then sure, they are gettting all of it. But since you've been whining so much I'm guessing you play through a skin with a nice deal. How much of the rake do you really think Party gets from the skins? 50%? 30%? 0%? I don't really know and I doubt you or anyone else that has been posting knows either.

I am guessing that Party analyzed this pretty carefully and decided that they would be more profitable collecting 100% of the rake from fewer players. I suspect well over half of the skin traffic would have to leave the network entirely before this would be a money losing proposition for Party.

Does anyone really expect that to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, short term this will let Party keep more of my rake. It is only in long term that this can hurt if other sites are successful in luring away players who were addicted to rakeback.

I don't know what the skins were getting, so I don't know how much more they will be getting.

As recently as three years ago, Paradise Poker was the dominant site by a large margin and Party was tiny. The new Party Skins on their own are gigantic compared to Party 3 years ago.

No one at that time was predicting the demise of Paradise. It can happen to Party if they are not carefull.

By the way, I am not whining. I don't really care about rakeback much. Its nice to have, but not essential. I don't think Party owes me anything, but a certain amount of comping goes a long way toward building loyalty.

I just get a little exasperated that many 2+2ers think that a poker site would be better off without multiabling TAGs.