Thread: AA PF
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: AA PF

[ QUOTE ]
This is a horrible play. Not only are you not maximizing your expected gain with your aces, you are not adding any deception to your game. How many other times are you going to go all in? If every time you go all in people know you have a huge hand, they aren't going to call with Q-5o.

Instead play aces like you would play any other hand you would raise with. Whatever a standard raise is for the table make that raise with aces. True you are going to get sucked out on a heck of a lot more because people will call. BUT you want people to call. When you have aces, everyone else has a worse hand. You don't want the whole table to call, because then you are only like a 35% favorite to win.

Raise a normal raise here, anything else is bad form. One tip on raising is try to make all of your raises look similar. If you have to, raise the same amount every time. That way people will not be able to read your hand. Raise the same with 10-9 suited as you do with AA, and at least online you are very tough to get a read on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree with this more strongly. I ALWAYS protect/value bet my AA preflop more than a standard raise. I win with AA 93% of the time, meaning I am usually just stealing the blinds. It is still by far my most profitable poker hand though, and I contend that is WHY.

I'm no pro, and I'm interested to hear others' strategies for AA, but I love playing AA super fast on Party 25NL.

Idiots that will call this play 25NL. With a good read, this can occasionally be a sweet play. It's better if you can 3bet it allin instead of straight up pushing the blinds, but I have no problem with this play *at Party 25NL*.