View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Question for Canada guys with Poker ONLY income who pay child sup

[ QUOTE ]
I am having problems with access to my son with my ex so we are going back to court. Problem is i've been paying child support on an imputed income which is reasonable especially in a profession with no guarantees. So anyway, i've played in a few WPT tournies that I qualified for, for $10 - $100 cost, so she is telling the judge I'm this high roller and bought into these tournies for cash and that I make a million dollars a year, blah blah, basically trying to screw me. Since i'm fairly new at this and as of last year, didn't even delcare it as my accountant and revenue canada said I didn't need to. So my income tax return shows zero, and she is trying to tell the judge I make all this money which i don't. Has anyone gone through this and have any advice? My lawyer isn't sure how to handle it as he's never had someone who has all their income from gambling. She has printouts showing day 2 and 3 of certain tournies where it says I have like $150,000 chips so she tell the judge I made that much, and on day 2 I made another $55,000, and $300,000 on day 4, etc, and this forum has no clue about poker and doesn't understand chips mean nothing. What am i supposed to do??

[/ QUOTE ]

post in the zoo