View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: PLO8 - Bet or check this river?

I would full pot raise preflop. You have a really nice starting hand and are likely to get plenty of action from those already in the hand.

You must bet this flop as you did. Even against QQKJ with 2 of your suit you are only a 3 to 2 dog (not much worse against QQA3 as well). Against a dry QQ you are often about even money. Every thing else you are in great shape against. You must build big pots preflop and on the flop. You have a great fit here. (Some of this is a rant to counter act DyessMan89's weird check-call flop suggestion).

I would pot bet the turn since no one showed any aggression on the flop and you are now partway to the backdoor low to bail you out. A nice draw for a big scoop or 3/4s is usually worth a pot bet in my book, and you certainly have that.

I check behind on the river. If you bet, you must consider it a total bluff since if you get called you are most likely beaten. You might fold out a better 2 pair (maybe a hand like JT96 folds since the straight didn't make), but you have something to show down and he likely has a busted straight draw. If I had only the pair of 2s I would be much more inclined to bluff at the pot on the end.