View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: A theoretical baseball question

[ QUOTE ]
You don't realize how hard it is to recognize a slider half way to the plate and be able to make contact, if you know what is coming, then it's much MUCH easier.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't? i know a lot more than you think.

if a pitcher throws a pitchers pitch then there isn't anything a hitter can do period. mariano has been throwing the same pitch for years and nothing has been done about it. ichiro is 1 hitter, i repeat 1 hitter. 1 hitter will not make a difference in the entire league average.

yes, the avg's will be higher but there are too many variables. now that what is being thrown is out there, defenses will be shifted more often just as an example.

this little excericise we are talking about, i have done this and i know how it works, one last thing from my experiences...hitters used to complain about "pitchers BP," saying they hated knowing what was coming, that they just wanted to react to the pitch, that when they knew what the pitch was they would think to much and get in their own head and fail more than when they were just reacting. just a thought for you.