View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: should the fish be respected?

Hi fish43,
[ QUOTE ]
How can you develop the skill to take advantage of someone's weaknesses and at the same time not develop a large disrespect for them? Or do you have to believe your opponents are fools, donkeys, and fish in order to play poker aggressively enough? If I'm worried about this should I just stick the play money tables?

[/ QUOTE ] I think this forum's gotten WAY too loose with the terms "fish" and "donk" as well as other names. A poor poker player is human, just like you and me, it's just that entertainment is more important to them than playing seriously. Therefore, they play with "gambling" on their minds.

You should respect all players, regardless of how they play. Playing poker better than your opponents doesn't make you a better person. I am sure the losing players whom I play against are better than me at many other things in life.

You definitely don't NEED disrespect to play them better. Keep in mind, just because a player does not play like you do, that doesn't make him a fish. As another poster just stated, for all you know, he may think YOU'RE a fish. Regardless, this is still just a game, don't look so deep into this topic.