View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Catholic Church admits parts of the Bible are false

[ QUOTE ]
Only those christians who insist on limiting the manner in which God might choose to communicate truth or carry out His will via specific means, and can't distinguish between the real doctrinal import of various scripture passages and they way they are presented, would have a problem with this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have hit on exactly the point I was trying to make. How does one decide the 'real doctrinal import[ance] of various scripture passages' when the veracity of the passages themselves have been called into question? Put another way: if any part of the Bible is false then how do you know the parts that are true?

[ QUOTE ]
The important point is that God created the universe regardless of how He did it. The bible does not purport to lay out the scientifc mechanisms or historical timeline of same.

[/ QUOTE ]
The important point is that the Bible claims God created the universe. The Christian mantra "I believe the Bible is the word of God, because God says so in the Bible" is circular logic and a fallacy. You believe that God created the universe because that's what the Bible says. I'm saying that none of the Bible can be trusted when it contains even one fallacy.

[ QUOTE ]
Question for OP: are you really a noob poster or is this a gimmick account for a well-known regular here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a 'noob poster'.