View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: MLL - Week 2 - Luck of the Irish

[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok, Well as i want to be a good player i wont retire. Next time i play one ill see what happens.

I do pay attention but when guys bet into you with j6o bottom pair, Then dont preflop raise AA and whatever else i find hand reading goes out of the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's your problem. You're pre-supposing that villain will be playing a certain style before the match. You've got it completely backwards. You enter the game and THEN figure out his playing style. You are describing a classic 'backwards' play, where strong hands are played weakly and weak hands are played strongly. This should be giving you hints about what villain holds. (The information should not go out the window.)

If you have hyperLAG preflop villain who suddenly limps, you need to be on alert. If villain limps a lot preflop, you should start raising with your stronger hands to punish the weak limps. When villain bet a bunch on the flop with bottom pair, you know you need to loosen your calling/raising standards. If you notice that he folds to resistance, you need to increase your bluffing/semi-bluffing frequencies. These adjustments are the key to becoming a solid poker player.