Thread: KQo UTG
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: KQo UTG

* grunch *

Actually I think that SSH recommends raising KQo in early position in a very loose game (5-9 players regularly seeing the flop) and calling in a not-so-loose game(less than 5 players seeing the flop). Obviously UTG you didn't know how many players would enter the pot but you did mention that it was a "loose" game.

I think that it could be because you are out of position and it will be difficult to get information on later streets so knowing a raiser has a strong hand in the tighter game has some value?? The other thing I can think of is that in a large multi-way pot the nut straight potential of KQ brings a lot of its value??? I'm really grasping here and would hope for discussion from some the more experienced players. I'm probably like you and play preflop "by the book". Hardly "expert" play but it keeps me out of trouble [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

If I call on the turn, I call on the river. Is there case for folding on the turn in the small pot??? I never do it with top pair but I'd like to have it confirmed.