View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker questions

I figured I'd take a shot at the $10K. I deposited a little over a week ago. I've cleared 7 or 8 of the 180 $50 bonuses so far. You don't have to contribute to the pot for it to count toward the points. Since you have a year to clear the 180 $50 bonuses, for $9000, then they release the last $1000, you have to clear one of the bonuses every two days to get them done in time.

At lower limits, $1/$2 and lower it goes very slow. $2/$4 isn't too bad if you play a few tables at a time. It's not like playing at Party though. Maybe you can find 30-35% of the people going to the flop.

As far as number of tables goes, I think it's at least 4 for sure. I've heard from more than one person who said that you can get on more than 4 if you are on waiting lists for more tables before you join the 4th table, but I haven't personally tried it.

I'm not a great player, but I have no trouble on any of the Party tables, or Party skin tables before the split, but I have a lot of trouble on PR tables. On average, I'm losing $60 in the time it takes me to clear $50. Then I use the player points you earn to play in different tournaments, and finish in the money there to make me come out a little ahead after clearing the bonuses so far. I don't know if I'm going to do this for nearly a year or not. It for sure hasn't been worth it so far. Maybe it's just normal variance, I'm going to play for another week or so and see where I stand, and then re-evaluate. Good luck to you, and let us know if you try it and how it seems to you.