Thread: Party rakeback
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Party rakeback

Hi Jeff,

some good points here.

[ QUOTE ]
Party is not infallible. You view all their actions through rose colored glasses. Their separation from the skins was a naked grab for power/money. How can you say that they were not trying to screw affiliates and players? They didn't even warn the skins in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this was definitely a dick move. I also think it was brilliant on their part, even though it made a nice hassle for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to look at the money I made from rakeback on the skins as a priviledge. I have donated tens of thousands of dollars to Party's coffers. They want to gouge me for even more. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that I'll be making less than I was before, but isn't party really [censored] the affiliates here? I mean I can't really shed a tear cause a lot of them made/will make MAD bank, but from Party's end it's the same market as before right? They pay affiliates to sign up players, and from there isn't the deal done from party's end? except for their vested interest in no rakeback, i.e. by not allowing rakeback they can minimize percentage wars...right? It doesnt seem to me like they're robbing from the players and giving it to the dikshit.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it is in Party's best interest that no rate undercutting or fradulent account creation occurs in the future, so they have great incentive to place a cieling on rakeback rates. 25% is not a reasonable market determined rate because 1. the market hasn't had time to set a price and 2. the previous rates on other skins resulted in a 2.5% MGR profit to affiliates and the remainder went to the players. Right now, 5%(or more depending on whether you deny greater incentives for big MGR affiliates) is going to affiliates in these 25% deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this follows from (or just plain is?) the end of my last statement, but yeah I can see how party would want this. I wonder if Empire/Eurobet sets a precedent here, because that market seemed like it was about to stabilize but even at the end it was growing slowly. Perhaps Party is setting a cap early? I dunno. I hear lots of rumors on this but nothing substantiated.

anyways just rambling, hope everything gets worked out soon