View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: 40-80 Hand at Taj Mahal

because you wouldn't play the hand that way. I feel like you'd rather your opponents thing things that are wrong. unless you're really good at taking advantage of a tight image and adjusting your game to it, you'd rather them think things that are wrong.

as an extreme example (not so extreme for most), you played the same no matter whether you were winning, losing, had shown down lots of strong hands, put in a lot of bets with losers, etc. you would benefit most from your opponents thinking things that are wrong, like you pumped the [censored] out of 98 or played an overpair that weird

I'm not claiming this is right. just how I view the situation. I know some people are great at taking advantage of a tight image. I think it was gonores who once told me in a session he played super tight for the first few hours and was able to pick up lots of stray pots later on because of it. if you can do that, then I'd see why you want them to know that you had a strong hand.