View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: A question of theft...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stealing blinds almost never works at the 6max tables I play. I only raise in late position for value, or against a tight weak player who might actually fold. But then, the chance of the player to my left being tight weak is pretty low.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose money at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I win money. Average vp$ip at the tables I play at is 50%. These people will not fold.

Of course I still open raise in late position, but only if my hand is playable, since I'll be playing that hand against at least one if not both the blinds.

I just checked my pokertracker stats for the last 1000 hands at 1/2 6max. There were 3 times when a raise from late position(CO, button, small blind) resulted in my winning without seeing the flop. My preflop raise percentage at 6max is about 15%.

Interestingly enough (to me), there were actually more times when one of my early position raises resulted in winning without seeing the flop. I assume this is because these 6max tables, full of loose aggressives, have a "Oh no you DIDN'T" reaction when you raise from the button or small blind, and they call with their 82offsuit.