View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

Last year’s Cards/Astros series was great fun. This year’s Cards/Astors series will be great fun. It's good for baseball and the fans.

Like a fool (and casting off Clark's solid advice) I'm rooting for Houston again this year. It's a bit of a sham as I'm a Mariners and D-Backs fan but there it is. I have to be involved because I think baseball is a unique and wonderful game and the postseason never disappoints for excitement and intrigue.

I glibly predicted the Astros in 6. This bit of bravado is a shinning example of not thinking clearly. The money line boys have the Cardinals and they are not dopes especially considering the millions that will be wagered. Although the money boys can be wrong - because so many intangibles MAY occur, and a few inches here or there may swing a close and tight series - it is not often. The Cardinals are clearly a better team and they have home field advantage. The Astros have momentum, some outstanding pitching, and a better manager. It should be a classic series. In fact, this series may be more exciting and interesting than the World Series. But that’s down the road.

With all the chatter and chest beating, I have yet to see any money on the table.

I have $100 that I could use to light up a cigar or bet on the Astros. I want a fair bet (proper odds, I am guessing it has to be at least 2-1) and a straight up one. I take the Astros to win, I don’t care if it is a sweep or goes seven games. Any takers? I’m volunteering (behind his back) Andy Fox to be the proxy and hold the money. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If the above is illegal then the offer was never made seriously and I disavow having any knowledge of it. I am legally insane so this all fits. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Zeno