View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Wardrobe suggestions

[ QUOTE ]
if they haven't given you any training or some kind of mentor, then they are not smart. that's bad business. ask for help. it won't make you look bad.

for the wardrobe stuff, brooks brothers is not too expensive and always an easy choice as you don't have to worry too much about things "matching".

Buy 5 white, 3 blue, 2 mildly striped dress shirts (with a few different types of collar)and 2 blue, 1 black, 1 brown, 1 beige/khaki 1 grey pair of pants. 1 black/ 1 brown belt. 1 pair black 1 pair brown shoes - kenneth cole is simple and fine. socks suck, but you should probably wear them. you can wear any shirt/pant combination and be fine. just wear brown shoes w brown pants, black with others.

but you should really try to find a job where you can wear flip flops.

good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have "mentor" but he is old, and I didnt want to go with old people style. Thanks for the base to start, Ill go to brooks brothers and just pick a bunch of stuff out. Are suits a yay or nay? I dont mind wearing them, but dont want to look like an ass or too self-important when I make sales presentations etc