View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Help me drop out of school (resume, job search question)

[ QUOTE ]
If I were reviewing a resume, and saw someone was a poker pro, that resume would go in the trash in a heartbeat.

The fact that you dropped out of law school makes it even worse. Frankly, unless you lie, you are going to look like what you probably are--a poorly motivated, undecided dilettante who can't stick with anything.

I suggest you lie and hope for the best. In case it matters, I am a lawyer. It's not the world's most satisfying job, but it's not like I work in a coal mine. I get paid extremely well and it's not nearly as difficult as people think. But it's probably not for you, as you sound sort of lazy (please don't tell me how hard you worked in engineering--it's not that bad).

Anyways, I'm not trying to be insulting at all ... just truthful. Good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds a lot like you were trying to be insulting, Gerry. And it didn't help.

You sound defensive about the lawyer thing. I wasn't taking a shot at lawyers if that's what you thought. It's just not what I want to do.

I'm not lazy, I just didn't find a job right out of school and it made me very uncomfortable to not have something definite going on in the future. Law school seemed like a good choice, but I didn't have a good idea of what the profession involved.

Please don't respond to this.