View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: I dislike AQ example 1

[ QUOTE ]
I for one cannot BELIEVE the weak tight advice I am seeing here. Autofold AQo to an unknown early position raiser in $3-$6? Madness. In the absence of information to the contrary, I assume unknown opponents are poor. I believe that Ed Miller specifically emphasizes this concept in SSH, although I may have the wrong book, I can't recall. If you can't assume that an unknown player is poor, you need to find a better table.

I have an excellent hand with position. I am not folding unless I get a read. My hand is offsuit, so I would like to shut out the field. I raise. I gather information about the strength of my opponent's hand. Does he cap? If he caps and I miss, I am done with the hand. If he caps and I hit, I play very, very carefully unless I hit it very, very hard.

3 betting allows me to win many pots where I am not best but my opponent can't call. 3 betting takes control of the pot. 3 betting AQ conditions my opponents to call me down when I have AK, AA, KK, etc.

Do I run into big hands like AA, KK, QQ, and AK? Of course. But AQo is a tidy winner for me over the last 50k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I love the SS forum. I got called a nit for advising to fold the turn in the KTs hand, yet people advocate folding AQ here in a typical 3/6 game. I virtually never fold this and only rarely have I ever lost to the case AA/KK/AK. How can you people follow instructions so well without understanding why is beyond me. I fold AQ here only if the opposition is a rock. The same people advocating folding AQ here are the same people that constantly need to show this down UI, think about that.