View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Ahead of the curve=>Next step: Confiscation.

[ QUOTE ]

Nothing and I mean Nothing is 100% certain. Always keep your exposure to a minimum. I do not feel safe when my money is in the bank either but still I keep some there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
I'm MOSTLY with Jason on this one...but won't go so far as to say NO chance.
but I also won't say that there is ZERO chance that the sun won't rise tomorrow.

I feel 99.99999% 'comfortable' with the money in my bank.
I previously felt about 99.9678% 'comfortable' with the money I have in Empire.
I currently have adjusted this to about 99.9670% 'comfortable' with the money I have in Empire.

the difference in the chances of them just deciding to close-up shop and keep your money from before as opposed to now is virtually negligible.

There are PLENTY of online-sites who have an even smaller player-base than Empire who are doing fine.

They may even be doing BETTER now (or close to it) for all we know.
I have no idea how much they had to give back to Party before...but now they obviously get to keep more of it.

It LOOKS like there are virtually no tables running at the skins...but you don't know whether they had THAT many more players there in the first place.
Obviously some of the multi-tabling TAG's have left but we really don't know what kind of difference they are facinig.

On top of that....even if they only ran a handful of tables they are STILL making a profit. It's not like they have huge operating costs.

Do you think that TruePoker is going under also?
They have significantly fewer tables running than Empire.

What about all the prima and crypto skins?
There really aren't that many games going on over there yet there are about 9-zillion skins dividing up all those players.
How many players are really getting on via Littlewoods, Carib-Sun, BetonBet, etc etc?

some people need to do a better job of thinking this stuff through and need to stop freaking panicking.

It's unnecessary and annoying.