View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Empire Tourneys ..... WOW

[ QUOTE ]

The empire tournies have always been this way

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. And it's not even close.

I have played about a zillion MTT's at Empire that had drawn 20 or fewer players.

sign-up at the right time and you will be the ONLY one for that tourney (thus it never starts).

If you play a 3 or 4 person "MTT" there then it will pay to the top 3 places. I have played in several of these too.

you guys are REALLY trying to make a big deal out of nothing.
Empire has exactly the same number of players as they always have....some of their players may have left to just hit the ring-games at Party. But we ALWAYS knew that when we sat at a table on Empire that MOST of our opponents were there via Party.

Why would the guaranteed's change?
Empire was NEVER drawing from that 70k base of players to begin with?

Their $1k 5+1 and 10+1 guaranteed type tourneys always had abot roughly the number of people that they needed for a $1k prize-pool.
I don't see why that would change.

The real crime is that they stopped 'guaranteeing' 1 seat for the Bellagio Saturday satellites.
$100+0 with first place getting a $17k package.
They were frequently getting less than 100 players making it a HUGE overlay.
But they stopped guaranteeing it a few weeks ago because they were getting killed.
bummer.

They still call it the 'Bellagio tourney' but they know full well that they won't get enough entrants (170 necessary) to ever award the seat so it just plays like a regular cash-tournament.

It's still a decent 100+0 tourney though.