View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: is there a way to get rakeback on party?

First of all let me say right up front that I own one of the sites that was mentioned in the thread above.

I haven't posted on 2+2 in a couple years and I lost my old screen id. I'm well known in the Las Vegas Area and several of my customers are frequent posters on 2+2.

It came to my attention late Saturday evening that a link to my site was mentioned in the 2+2 forums after I reviewed my website statistics and saw a huge spike in traffic.

I didn't make these posts, or ask them to post on my behalf. It was simply members of 2+2 responding to other members questions. A couple of the people that had posted links to my website have several hundred posts on this forum, I would hardly qualify that as having bad intentions. They were simply answering a fellow members questions.

I find it slightly amusing that all the links to the different sites have been deleted but the links to the moderators sites are still active. Isn't this slightly hypocritical?

Is this a sponsored forum? Do the moderators pay to have only their links in the forum? If not, then they should remove their own links as well.

A couple other members have commented that their posts have been deleted even though they didn't mention any url's, etc

Certainly, there is nothing wrong with a forum being moderated to control spam, but shouldn't the moderator be subject to the same rules?

I realize RakeBack isn't even supposed to be discussed in any of the forums according to the FAQ's and Terms of Agreement, but the recent changes with Party Poker and their skins is a very important change that effects a large number of 2+2 posters. There are also multiple posts on this subject and if the rules were followed strictly these posts would be deleted.

Control the spam, but let the relevant information reach the members of 2+2, thats the whole idea behind a forum, the sharing of information and knowledge.

I hope my post isn't deleted, show some integrity as the moderator of this forum and let the members of 2+2 decide for themselves. 2+2 has always had the most intelligent poker community on the internet, they are more than capable of making decisions on their own.

Jason <font color="black"> </font>