View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone else think empire should make a move

Why do people have fire engine red Porsches? It isn't as if you can go more than 75mphs anyway and even a crappy 95 Toyota hatchback can do that. Yet people pay 5X the cost and their insurance premiums are incredible. Kind of stupid isn't it for something that won't get you to your destination any faster. Now lets say we offer people with fire engine red Porsches FREE 95 Toyota hatchbacks with half price insurance as long as they sell their Porsches and have to drive their new boring car, how many would take the deal? IMO fish think of rake in this way, just another marginal cost of playing clearly losing poker for enjoyment. After all the fish isn't planning ahead wondering about the EV of playing at this site versus that site. Convenience is more significant than price to many reasonable people in the world. Many just want a site where they can always find a decent game at their limt without waiting long and are willing to ignore the fact that they will pay an extra 10 or 20 bucks in rake over the course of a hour. After all if the fish was worried about 10 or 20 bucks wouldn't he either improve or move down till he could win instead of playing like a donkey? The people who would change their play location to a site with low rake, few promotions, and low numbers of fish are sharks. Some people do well in a TAG enviroment, they are welcome to play on Absolute to their heart content : ). Me, I like playing with people who are a bit clueless and am willing to pay a bit extra in rake to do so. There is nothing quite a stud game where you tell the other player I can beat their Q high flush 5 times on the river and they keep raising until you get worried about a submarine FH or a hand that can beat your AK flush and call.