View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Overcards with AK on the Flop & Turn

Disclaimer: I may be completely wrong

When UTG bets the flop, I think he has a pp (88-JJ)=20ways or two big suited diamonds (AdTd,AdJd,AdQd)=3ways. Most of the time I think we are behind. While we would like to fold out hands like JT,QT that have 6 live outs against us, we might also fold dominated Aces, and kings, and pp's which we really want to stick around and pad the pot for us while we're drawing. Raising is expensive, and we're likely not getting a free card so I just call.

*Note
If UTG the very aggressive type that would bet out here without a pair or AK (AK is unlikely), you should raise the flop for value and to make those behind you pay to draw. If they might fold a pp, then all the better. With this line (as you played it) I think I would just call the turn and fold the river UI.

If UTG might fire again with his overcards or flush draw, raising (with the intention of folding to a three bet(assuming he wouldn't three bet 88-JJ here) and then taking a free showdown UI would be sexy as hell and definitely worth considering.

Note: I've been playing mostly live lately, and I've never player paradise 2/4.