View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Where is the leak in my game?

[grunch]

I am far from a 6max guru, and 2551 hands means less than nothing statistically, but for what it's worth...

You're playing too tight for 6max. Playing a 21.76% VPIP on 6max games, especially relatively aggressive ones like 3/6, will get you eaten alive by the blinds + rake. I believe that you should be looking to bring that up to at least 25%.

-You're folding to blind steals too often, especially in the BB. Stealing the blinds (and defending against steals) is a crucial skill if you want to win at 6max; you can't just let your opponents run over your blinds like that.

-You aren't trying to steal the blinds nearly enough--this number should be at least 30% in a 6max game, preferably higher. This combination of not stealing blinds often enough and giving your own up too easily will make you a loser at 3/6 6max by itself.

-You aren't going to showdown enough. For a full ring game, this should be somewhere in the low 30's; for 6max, I'd say a bit higher than that. You can't play a weak/tight game in 6max & win.

-You aren't raising enough preflop. Part of this is your lack of blind steal attempts, I'm sure, but this number should be significantly higher than 10%; I would say in the 15% range.

Like I said, the sample size is insignificant so part of the problem could just be running cold, but if these numbers are even close to typical for you, you need to retool your game in order to succeed at 6max. I would highly recommend dropping back down to 1/2 6max (or 2/4 6max if available on your site) to work on this.

[/grunch]