View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: The most important numbers in all this mess!

I think some of that is due to people being unable cash their bankroll out of the skins. Those numbers will pick up soon.

In long run I think this is a bad move for Party unless they can come up with a good way to reward high volume players.

Right now there is no incentive for me to play at Party vs some other sites where the games are just as good (or better)

So rather than playing 4 games on Party, I will play 1 or 2 on Party and 2 or 3 on another site. I will still earn the same. Eventually if other sites offer better incentives and provide games, I will play less and less on Party (unless they come up with something).

Overall, there will be fewer games on Party and that means less rake collected (although they will keep a higher percentage). Winning players who play day-in day-out year after year are necessary in order to maintain games. Games cannot be maintained by costantly bringing in new customers, because of the costs and difficulty.

In all of the decisions Party has made recently they have shown no consideration to their most loyal customers. They could have handled this transition a lot better. Ultimately there will be negative consequences of continually disrepecting the customers who will be most profitable over the long term.

What happens will also depend on whether other poker rooms rise to the challenge. They have an opportunity, let's see if they seize it.