View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: This will turn out to be a good thing for us

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see any doom and gloom on the horizon for myself, but it's probably going to be a long cold winter for the "rakeback pros"

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me as one...I just estimated that, with the loss of good rakeback and bonus-whoring tables on skins, my income for this month dropped $3,000...that's huge to a player like me. 1.0BB/100 hands just might not cut it. Time to dust off the resume. A year of online poker for a living...it was fun. I miss it already.

Actually, I'll try to stick it out for a few months, let the dust settle, and see how it goes. However, a portion of my time each day will be devoted to seeing about getting back into the old accounting game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lucky MyTurn, I hope things work out for you. I think its kind of funny seeing a lot of the posts demeaning the "rakeback pros", most of them written probably written by marginal players. I for one think this might be the best for you, I think a lot of players (even the "non-rakeback pros") have made a lot of easy money b/c of the poker explosion and the internet. IMO this is a fad and only the best of the best are going to make a career (i.e. rest of your life and make enough to retire on). The fish will run out some day.