View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Good fold? PP 10/20 6m against Tag

[ QUOTE ]
Name me a hand that a TAG calls with, but doesn't raise from the CO after a MP1 open, that hit that flop. I'm sincerely interested in the range you guys assing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that the TAG posted in the CO, so calling 1 more bet could be many, many hands. I'd say he's somewhere along the lines of a BB defend range, though a bit on the tight side b/c of players behind him, so probably...

Axs+, A9o+, K8s+, Q9s+, K9o+, QTo+, J9s+, JTo, suited 2gappers, some unsuited connectors maybe, all PPs below 99 or 88.

Stuff that is paired on the flop - the aces, K8, PPs, some connectors. I'd be inclined to call this down, though i'd muck if the 3rd player were still around. Stuff were' behind: just the Aces and anything w/ an 8 in it (K8, 87, 89s).

Now, to the flop donk. why bet an ace here? All it will do is scare off you (a known tag, if a bit donkish) while getting charged by worse hands. If he wants extra bets to go in, he'd c/r. Otherwise, this is a WA/WB situation for his weak suited aces.

IMO, a donk here means a big hand (set or 2 pair) or a crap hand (OESD or PP, or a 6 or 8, maybe some KQo junk occasionally). Despite the 8s jumping ahead too I'd call down since there are enough PPs and draws etc that will bet here IMO, mainly because betting an ace here would be pretty bad from his point of view. Also, he'll continuation-bet the turn here often because your flop flatcall announces "I don't have an ace!"

Surf